Realization of academic mobility in KRIU
In order to integrate KRIU into the world educational space, to ensure the academic mobility of teachers and students, to introduce international quality standards in education, special importance is attached to international cooperation.
The Kazakh-Russian International University expands the scope of educational activities and deepens effective opportunities for training specialists in the framework of international cooperation. International cooperation is carried out on the implementation of academic mobility programs for faculty and students (international exchanges, business trips), inviting foreign lecturers to give lectures on technical, economic and humanitarian specialties; on the implementation of professional educational programs with the European University (Switzerland) and the Moscow Institute of Politics and Law “Synergy” (Russia); on joint development and participation in the implementation of research design work with the University of Minnesota (Duluth, USA); Grant Mac Evan University (School of Business, Canada); University of New Mexico (Department of Political Affairs, USA); State University of Southern Connecticut (USA); European University (Barcelona, Spain); Alpha University (Faculty of Management, Novi Sad, Serbia); University of Colombo (Institute of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Sri Lanka); School of Law (University of Murdock, Australia); Russian-Armenian (Slavonic) State University (Armenia); Guru Nakak Dev University (India); NOT Consult (Germany); Columbia University (USA); The University of Pankasil (Indonesia) also has contracts with foreign scientists. Since 2009, the Kazakh-Russian International University has been cooperating with the Russian World Foundation. Within the framework of cooperation, international scientific and practical conferences on the philological direction are held annually.
From the 2013-2014 academic year, students from South Korea study at the Kazakh-Russian International University for academic mobility.
Academic mobility development provides for the university:
- improving the quality of training specialists with higher and postgraduate professional education
- professional development of pedagogical and scientific personnel
- integration of the university into the global scientific and educational space
- positioning the university on the world market of educational services as a partner for mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of education and science
Regulatory documents governing the implementation of academic mobility at the university
- Bologna Declaration, 2010
- “State Program for the Development of Education for 2011-2020”.
- The concept of academic mobility of students of higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan ”dated January 19, 2011, adopted at the Board of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated December 30, 2011 No. 549
- On Amendments to the Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan of November 19, 2008 No. 613 “On Approval of the Rules of Referral for Study Abroad”
- Order of the Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated April 20, 2011 No. 152 “Rules for the organization of the educational process on credit technology of education”
- Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Strategy of academic mobility in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2012–2020”
- Mobility for improving the training “Mobility Strategy of CSHE 2020” intra-university “Regulation on the system for transferring credits by type of ECTS in KRIU” Decision WC No. 11 of 04.04.2012
- "Regulations on the organization of academic mobility"
- Implementation plan for academic mobility in KRIU
- External (international) AM - training students or the work of teachers and staff in foreign educational or scientific institutions.
- Teachers and staff: business trips outside the Republic of Kazakhstan for a certain period of time to fulfill the university’s official assignment
- Students: trips for a specified period of time to complete the university’s academic assignment.
- Internal (national) AM - training or work in leading Kazakhstan universities and research centers.
Stages of the implementation of the academic mobility program
- Preliminary stage - the search for partner universities (establishing partnerships)
- Preparatory stage - organizational activity - a memorandum on cooperation in the field of science and education is drawn up.
- Main stage - the main process of the implementation of the contract. 1) Drafting and signing an agreement on scientific and educational cooperation; 2) Process of harmonization of curricula, disciplines and approval of the terms of training students and internships of teaching staff. 3) Process of registration of documents for departure for an internship, training in university - a partner. 4) Process of training, internship students and faculty
- Final stage. After returning to the main university, the process of transferring credits received from a foreign university by disciplines and periods of study and an internship report process (for the teaching staff) begins.
Basis (documents) for the implementation of AM:
- Agreement on cooperation between universities;
- Trilateral agreement;
- Student application;
- Official invitation from a foreign university or research center.
- Individual curriculum;
- Availability of funding sources;
- Transmittal letter;
- Order of permission / direction for training.
Departure of faculty and staff
- Sending to foreign partner universities for:
- lectures, lab. / Practical classes, workshops, consultations;
- joint research;
- participation in conferences and seminars;
Foundation: Order of the President of the KRIU.
Directions of external academic mobility
Academic mobility at the university is carried out on the basis of cooperation agreements with Kazakhstan and foreign universities and is implemented in the following areas:
- Program of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan “Attracting foreign scientists”
- Implementation of academic mobility at the expense of students and the university’s own funds