Research and Development (R&D) of KRIU is aimed at the progresss of scientific, educational and innovation activities, along with improvement of the idea of “integration of education, science, production”.
R&D of the University is aimed at forming a new generation university combining educational, scientific and innovative activities with their practical implementation in different directions of development of the western region of Kazakhstan.
Kazakh-Russian International University has successfully passed the accreditation of the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating:
- in 2015 - institutional accreditation and specialized accreditation of 8 educational programs;
- in 2016 - accreditation of 9 educational programs.
R & D is implemented in the following areas:
- research (carrying out fundamental, prospecting, applied research, research and development work);
- scientific and innovative (implementation of innovative ideas and projects aimed at ensuring the modernization and technological development of the University and solving problems in priority areas of national policy);
- scientific and methodological (formation and development of its own scientific schools, as well as the involvement of research and teaching staff and students in research and development; development and implementation of its own technologies and methodology of scientific research; research and development of the theoretical and methodological foundations for higher and postgraduate education) ;
- scientific and educational (organization and conduct of the educational process using modern educational, innovative and information technologies; the formation and development of its own scientific schools, active involvement of faculty and students in research work, development of critical thinking of students and undergraduates);
- research and production (business development, expansion of the activities of small innovative enterprises of the University, implementation of research results into practical activities; creation of joint research centers with leading universities, research institutes and enterprises, etc.).
Strategic objectives of research:
- Improving infrastructure conducive to the effectiveness of research
- Monitoring the needs of the business sector and real enterprises of the Western region in scientific research in accordance with national policies
- Development of scientific schools at the university and integration into the world scientific community
- Development of a system for attracting students to research and innovation activities.
- The continuation of the opening of the university dissertation councils on research areas
- The increase in funding for research
- Development of international research mobility of teachers and researchers in priority areas of the university
- Importing Innovative Ideas and Scientific Developments
- Enhancing the participation of teaching staff with the involvement of students to research in cooperation with foreign partners
- Activation of activities for the participation of faculty members in international grant research competitions.
- Promotion of publications of faculty in internationally recognized publications, indexed by foreign organizations
- Development of the practice of regular internships of all groups of teachers and researchers at the leading enterprises of the Republic of Kazakhstan and abroad
- Formation of the system of continuous professional development of all categories of employees in the use of modern information technologies
- Attracting leading foreign scientists to conduct specialized advanced training courses in the context of implementing the transfer of new knowledge and technology, training programs and retraining of highly qualified personnel.